Open-source implementation of the Strong Customer Authentication client agent used by the italian provider Poste Italiane S.p.A.
- The main purpose of this project is research and understanding of the techniques and protocols used.
- This project is under development and unstable, using it could cause revocation or ban of your user account.
- Using this software would very likely compromise most of the security of having a 2-factor authentication scheme. Also, this software is not security-audited at all and is storing all your private keys and secret UNENCRYPTED on your computer!
In conclusion: USE IT ONLY AT YOUR RISKS, UNDER YOUR RESPONSABILITY, AND IF YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
All the following instruction assumes that you are using a BASH shell under Linux,
you will have to adapt them if you use a different Operating System or a different shell.
- Ensure you have a proper and recent Python (> 3.9) installed.
- (Strongly suggested) create a dedicated Python virtual environment
mkdir -p ~/.venvs
python3 -m venv ~/.venvs/pyjod
- Activate the virtual environment
pyjod and the optional dependencies you want
# For a basic installation
pip install "git+https://projects.lilik.it/zolfa/pyjod"
# To include QR generator for OTP Authenticator apps
pip install "git+https://projects.lilik.it/zolfa/pyjod#egg=pyjod[qr]"
# To include also the QR screen scanner for instant authentication
pip install "git+https://projects.lilik.it/zolfa/pyjod#egg=pyjod[qr,scanqr]"
- Create a symbolic link from a directory available in your
ln -s ~/.venvs/pyjod/bin/posteid ~/.local/bin/posteid
posteid in a terminal, you will be guided into logging in and
configuring the application and enroling the device to your account.
- After the first execution, you can call
posteid again to check the status of
your device-account enrolment.
- Generate an OTP-code to authenticate using the "Generate a single-use code" option.
- List all the pending authentication request, and authorize one of them.
You will only see the requests generated using the "Send a notification to my device"
- Export the QR generation seed to a compatible app using a standard provisioning QR-code
You will need the extra requirements [qr]
- Detect a rapid-authentication qr in your screen and authorize the access using it.
You will need the extra requirements [scanqr]
- Revoke your device enrolment, disabling private keys and OTP generator.